Beluga Lentil and Quinoa Bowl
- 2 cups Black beluga lentils cooked
- 1 cup of quinoa cooked
- 1 red onion, sliced julienne
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves (chopped)
- 1 cup chopped plum tomatoes (seeded)
- 2 cups of baby arugula
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey or agave
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup of balsamic vinegar
- In a pan with olive oil sautee the onions until they start to brown slightly then turn the heat down and add the vinegar and let reduce until almost all absorbed, add the honey or agave.
- To make the vinaigrette mix the balsamic, olive oil and salt in a bowl and whisk together until combined.
- In a bowl mix onion mixture with lentils. Incorporate the cilantro and the chopped tomatoes and baby arugula and quinoa.
About the ingredients
Quinoa is one of the most protein-rich foods we can eat. It is a complete protein containing all nine essential amino acids. Quinoa contains almost twice as much fiber as most other grains and it also contains Iron.